About the Camp
The sixth annual Low Brass Bootcamp will be held in Knoxville, Tennessee from June 24-28, 2015 on the campus of the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
Join world-class players from every corner of the globe as world-renown tutors provide a week of intense training and fun. 2015 Staff includes:
- Steven Mead, international soloist and professor of euphonium at the Royal Northern College of Music.
- Pat Stuckemeyer, soloist and professor at Indiana University - Southeast.
- Danny Helseth, soloist and Director of Bands at Seattle Pacific University.
- Misa Mead, soloist, composer and arranger.
- Roland Szentpáli, freelance tuba artist and composer.
- Kelly Thomas, professor of euphonium and tuba at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
- Aaron Tindall, soloist, professor of tuba and euphonium at Ithaca College.
- Kevin Sanders, soloist, professor of euphonium and tuba at the University of Memphis.
Cost for the weekly tuition (if applying before March 1, 2014) will be $600. Included in this will be:
- Weekly tuition.
- Evening activities and concert admission.
- Two private lessons with our world-class faculty.
- Masterclasses, focus classes, and training sessions.
- Transportation to-and-from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville and McGhee Tyson Airport (Knoxville, TN — airport code TYS).
- Evening out activities.
Lodging is available only in single occupancy dormitory rooms, and includes a 15-meal meal plan for the week.
Cost for housing and meal plan is $375.